Dockless mobility systems consist of devices, such as bicycles or scooters, that do not require fixed docking stations for users to receive or return units.
Using Dockless Mobility Services
People who plan to use dockless mobility services should do so in a safe and ethical manner. Please follow these guidelines to help keep Lee County moving safely
- Pedestrians First – Yield to people walking on sidewalks.
- Park Responsibly – Park in a secure, upright position in designated areas if applicable, such as furniture zones of sidewalks, public bike racks and other marked parking zones. On sidewalks, give at least 3 feet of clearance for accessibility. (We hope Lee County will clearly mark scooter parking zones)
- Stay on Right of Way – Do not take dockless devices to unauthorized areas, such as private property, parkland, or state-owned land, unless otherwise authorized.
- Know What You’re Sharing – Users have access to dockless mobility services without having to share Personally Identifiable Information and can opt in to data sharing only after getting clear information about what data will be shared.
- Right and Report – If you see a unit toppled over or parked improperly, help out by righting the unit and reporting the issue Text # (239) 980-3900.
Our scooters need access to a decent riding surface (asphalt/flat pavement; obstacles<1 cm; gaps <3cm) Manufacturers of our scooters claim scooters work in temperatures as low a s-10 and up to 40°C. You must have access to a steady 4G signal, and GPS. In the event you do not have access to 4G we can research the possibility of you operating in a 2G and 3G environments. Our tracking system will not work underground or where no signal is available. Currently, our Management Platform tracks the whereabouts of our scooter every 4 minutes.
Program Management: Lee County Transportation is engaging with operators and working concurrently on program elements, including mapping and marking parking zones, and data reporting and management protocols. Lee County Transportation is working with dockless mobility operators to continuously improve performance.
Who can rent my GOAT? To ride and To register on the GOAT Rider App, you need to be over 18 or have a valid driver’s license.
Safety Gear: The health and safety of our riders is our number one concern, we are constantly innovating our high-quality safety gear such as helmets, elbow and knee pads, optional reflector gear and even blue tooth-controlled indicator lights are available for purchase on our website.
Parking: The Parking platform allows us to monitor our fleet to use circles and polygons to create parking zones within which Riders must be for them to end their ride.
Download the GOAT Mobile App to find and ride electric scooters.
THOUSANDS OF HAPPY AND
We provide quality services that
leave our customers feeling satisfied.
The is the coolest thing to come to Southwest Florida in the 15 years of living here. I can’t wait till these scooters are everywhere so everyone can ride.